From December 2017 through June 2019, our army of more than 139 volunteers logged more than 15,000 hours cuddling babies, washing laundry, staffing our front desk, cleaning our facility and more. We cannot do this work without our dedicated team!
We continue to have a wide variety of needs for volunteers, especially for cuddlers between 12 a.m. and 6 a.m..
All volunteers who are volunteering in our facility with access to babies will be expected to:
- Commit to a minimum of 100 hours per year, most shifts will be in 3- or 4-hour increments. Specific requirements will depend on the position.
- Be 21 years of age or older to work with babies.
- Be able to walk and carry unassisted.
- Be able to bend down and pick up 10-15lbs
- Assist in other areas such as laundry, cleaning and/or at the front desk.
- Have a non-judgmental, supportive attitude towards moms and caregivers. Bonding between baby and caregivers is to be encouraged and supported.
- Complete required training.
- Abide by dress code policies.
- Not wear perfume, scented lotions, and/or aftershave.
- Not be a smoker or smell of smoke.
- Leave cell phones in secured locker when volunteering in clinical area.
- Complete a state background check with fingerprinting; a federal background check is required for volunteers who have not been a resident of Ohio for five years.
- Per OAC 5101:2-5-09, a violation of any of the following sections of the ORC will disqualify an individual from volunteering at Brigid’s Path.
- 959.13, 2903.01, 2903.02, 2903.03, 2903.04, 2903.11, 2903.12, 2903.13, 2903.15, 2903.16, 2903.21, 2903.211, 2903.22, 2903.34, 2905.01, 2905.02, 2905.05, 2907.02, 2907.03, 2907.04, 2907.05, 2907.06, 2907.07, 2907.08, 2907.09, 2907.21, 2907.22, 2907.23, 2907.25, 2907.31, 2907.32, 2907.321 (2907.32.1), 2907.322 (2907.32.2), 2907.323 (2907.32.3), 2909.02, 2909.03, 2909.22, 2909.23, 2909.24, 2911.01, 2911.02, 2911.11, 2911.12, 2913.49, 2919.12, 2917.01, 2917.02, 2919.22, 2919.24, 2919.25, 2923.12, 2923.13, 2923.161 (2923.16.1), 2925.02, 2925.03, 2925.04, 2925.05, 2925.06, 2927.12 or 3716.11
Interested in working with us? Complete our application below, and our Volunteer Coordinator will be in touch with you regarding next steps.
Please note: Because of the ongoing pandemic, we have very limited volunteers in the building and expect that to continue for the foreseeable future. We will continue to review applications and save them on file, but no new volunteers will be trained at this time. Please refer any specific questions about volunteering to Office Manager Terri Stucky.